Friday, March 2, 2012

Dragging on a Sunday morning!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love my girlfriends. They are my rocks, the sisters I never had (at least not biologically) and the best friends a girl could ask for. We don't get together nearly as often as we used to. You know, life happens....to every one of us. Things get busy and we don't have time for the things we have to do, let alone the things we want to do. We try to get together a couple of times a month whether it's for dinner, drinks, a movie or just a girl's night, but still sometimes that doesn't seem like not enough.

 A couple of weeks ago Jen had a great idea. We should Drag Ourselves to Brunch! She picked up a flyer about a drag queen brunch event at the beach and thought it would be a great way to get us all together. It was my first drag queen show and I wasn't sure what to expect, but WOW! Croc's and the women of the "Drag Yourself to Brunch" cast sure know how to put on a show. 

The show lasted about 2 hours and during that time 5 entertainers performed to a wide variety of songs and dance routines. And every time they came out to perform, the costumes they were wearing were amazing! We were pretty much in awe of the entire show. First of all, these women were "ballsy," secondly why was this our first experience with this show?!?!

I can't really put the show into context, but the pictures definitely speak for themselves! 


Needless to say, a good time was had by all. I think we'll be back the next time we need to kick back, relax and have a good time!

You can read more about the show on 757Living

2 comments:

JenEverAfter said...

Totally the best time EVER!!! Thinking of taking my mom when she comes into town. Think she can handle it?

Jamie Bastas said...

Yes and totally appropriate?!?! :) Don't forget to call (WAY) ahead for reservations. You don't want to be stuck in the bar area again!